The Surviving to Thriving program committee invites proposals for sessions. We hope you will bring your know-how, leadership, and creativity to design sessions that encourage active knowledge sharing and building. In addition to panels or workshops, we invite creative or arts based sessions.
We are seeking submissions under the following themes:
- The Global Context of LGBTQI Human Rights, Protection and Persecution
- The drivers of forced displacement of LGBTQI and the implications for resettlement
- Promising practices for creating safe refuge and prepared arrival communities in Canada
- LGBTQI migration rights in Canada
- Promising practices for decolonizing settlement work, and working towards Indigenous solidarity and Anti-Racism
- Promising practices for building intersectional, anti-oppressive and trauma informed frameworks for assisting LGBTQI newcomers
- Advocacy, ethics and the legal context of LGBTQI resettlement
All sessions must be oriented toward the resettlement of SOGIESC newcomers (refugees of all types and immigrants), from their journey from their country of origin to settlement in Canada. Preference will be given to proposals that encourage high levels of audience participation.
Thank you for your interest, the Call for Proposals is now closed.